Thursday 3 January 2013

Experiment 2: Nuts and Granola Wholemeal Bread



Inglideants: (based on SD-2501 manual P.24)
  Yeast 3/2 tsp
  Strong Wholemeal flour 400g
  Suger 1tsp
  Butter 15g
  Salt 1tsp
  Sesame seeds 2tbsp
  Water 300ml

Raisin:
  Walnuts about 1tbsp (chopped)
  Granola about 2 tbsp (used Ligis Granola original)

Recipe:
1. Place the measured ingredients in the bread pan in the order from above list.
2. Plug the BM and place the bread pan in the machine then close the lid.
3. Open the top lid, place the Raisin ingredients in the raisin nut dispenser then close the lid.
4. Select a whole wheat raisin menu (Menu 06 for Panasonic SD-2051).
4. Select medium size then press Start button.
5. Wait for 5 hours, until the machine beeps.

My note:
This was a first trial of bread baking mode. I could see the machine didn't start kneading for a quite long while at the beginning, that does not make sense unless the period is fermenting the dry yeast by sugar and water.
I checked the manual in the Japanese version and the model had the yeast dispenser and the dispensing of yeast was set at the middle of first dough kneading phase.
I guess I'll try from changing the order of adding yeast to just before water next time.
Granola was very nice in the bread, not hard but remained the grain texture.
The mode didn't give me a crust mode choice, the crust became slightly harder for me but my husband was happy with that.
The bread was much softer than I expected in beginning, which made me happy because that was why I didn't like wholemeal breads much.
My mother in law told me that I should wait cutting the bread until the bread gets cool enough so we waited about 1 hour before cut. We put the bread in a plastic bag but she told me that we should not close the bag until the bread become totally cool.I gave a half of loaf to my parents in law and the rest of a half loaf stayed soft until next day. Very nice with a slice of smoked ham for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment