Thursday 6 February 2014

Kamaboko decoration

Kamaboko - is a kind of cooked Surimi (steamed white fish meat). Usually comes in red or white colour outside.
Commonly used for special occasion as Japanese uses red and white colour combination for the celebration.
I bought a bar of Kamaboko for Osechi, the Japanese traditional January 1st meal, then many things happened and I had to cancel my Osechi this year and couldn't use this.
Now before it gets too old, I used them for my cutting practice.
Well, just a simple and easy ones which my Hou-chou skill can do.


Nice to use them as a decoration, sashimi, in a soup or for stew.
I guess you can guess how to do if you look at them closely but below is some description I draw how to cut them. If that's not clear, search You Tube with key word Kamaboko.

Firstly take out Kamaboko from the package, then cuts off slices as much as you use. 
Variations: Sunrise (top in the picture)
 Variations: Knot (left bottom in the picture)
 Variations: Rabbit  (right bottom in the picture)
 Variations: Pine leaf  (centre bottom in the picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment